About the Managing Director
Harold “Skip” Perry currently serves as the Executive Managing Director of Real Globe Advisors, LLC. He was formerly a Managing Director of Alvarez & Marsal’s Real Estate Advisory Services, LLC (“A&M”). Prior to A&M, he was a National Partner in Ernst & Young’s Transaction Real Estate Advisory Services Group. He was also a Partner with Kenneth Leventhal & Co. which merged with Ernst & Young (“E&Y”) in 1995. Based in Chicago, Skip has served in a number of leadership roles while at E&Y and headed the Real Estate Consulting Practice of Kenneth Leventhal & Co.’s (“KL”) Chicago office. Prior to joining KL, he was a Senior Principal with Pannell Kerr Forester, a national accounting and consulting firm specializing in the hospitality industry.
Skip has over 40 years of consulting and accounting experience in the real estate industry. He has served both major corporate and real estate clients. Skip has been involved with a variety of assignments during his career at A&M, E&Y and KL, including buy/sell side due diligence for private equity funds and corporate clients; bank loan reviews; valuation for financial reporting and tax purposes; enterprise and partnership interest valuations; corporate real estate portfolio optimization studies; strategic sourcing; capital markets including asset dispositions, monetization strategies and structuring sale/leasebacks; management consulting including strategy development, business process improvement and organizational alignment studies; debtor/creditor bankruptcy advisory, loan restructuring, fairness opinions, and litigation support services including expert testimony.
University of Illinois, Bachelor of Arts, Russian and Economics; Loyola University, Master of Business Administration, Finance.
Skip is a CPA and holds the MAI designation with the Appraisal Institute and a CRE designation with the American Society of Real Estate Counselors. Memberships include: Illinois CPA Society, Appraisal Institute, National Association of Realtors, Northern Illinois Commercial Association of Realtors, Lambda Alpha International (Honorary Land Economics Fraternity, Ely Chapter), Urban Land Institute, and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Specific Work Experience
- Engagement leader who provided buy side financial due diligence for a private equity fund involving the acquisition of a major publicity traded REIT.
- Performed purchase price allocation valuations of various Fortune 500 target companies and publicly traded REITS.
- Professional advisor in the redevelopment of an NFL football stadium and surrounding land area to a master planned community.
- Assisted a major healthcare company in the location and leasing of its corporate headquarters.
- Executed a sale of a major non-strategic asset for a Fortune 500 company.
- Advised a major company in establishing leading practice back office processes for its new real estate opportunity fund.
- Assisted a Fortune 500 company in developing its corporate real estate strategy. Also assisted the company in identifying cost saving opportunities and selecting outsourced service providers.
- Served as a global bank’s real estate advisor in integrating its acquisition of a major pension fund advisor. Handled all aspects of the merger including heading the program management office, reporting to the steering committee in terms of activity reporting, change management and issue resolution. Evaluated people, processes and technology and created a redesigned organizational structure of the combined global real estate unit.
- Provided business process improvement, program management and change management services in conjunction with a Fortune 500 retail company’s real estate and construction departments in substantially reducing the cycle time of the company’s store approval process.
- As part of a major enterprise wide strategic sourcing initiative, led a team focused on corporate real estate and facilities, and delivered in excess of $30 million annual recurring savings to the company.
- Performed numerous real estate business enterprise valuations including one of the largest global real estate opportunity funds.
- Represented the debtor as its real estate advisor in a major retail company’s bankruptcy proceeding. Evaluated the entire portfolio of retail stores, distribution centers, and corporate offices. Created a database of all owned and leased properties and assisted in the orderly disposition end liquidation of real estate assets.
- Provided a fairness opinion on a complex REIT roll-up.
- Led a team in assisting a large real estate financial services company with its real estate strategy and enhancing its business processes.
- Provided expert testimony and litigation consulting services in a number of landmark cases/disputes.